Programs : Brochure
- Locations: Kunming, China
- Program Terms: Summer
- Homepage: Click to visit
- Program Sponsor: SIT/World Learning
- Restrictions: UTDALLAS applicants only
|NOTE: By selecting "APPLY NOW" you are notifying the Education Abroad office about your interest in study abroad. You will also need to apply to the program at the LINK at the bottom of the brochure.|
Shadow Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners and work with health professionals in urban and rural communities.
Program Highlights• Practice traditional Chinese healing methods.
• Learn Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) philosophies.
• Obtain a Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Course Completion certificate from Yunnan Provincial Chinese Medicine Hospital.
• Learn alongside Chinese medical doctors, students, and staff in community and clinical settings and compare western and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) philisophies.
• Earn two Chinese language credits.
• Go on multiple field excursions.
• Examine community health issues in China, such as HIV/AIDS prevention and women’s and children’s healthcare.
• Learn 24-form Taiji through daily Taiji exercises.
Please visit the SIT Study Abroad website for details on program courses (including syllabi), educational excursions, and housing.
Key Topics of Study• Critical issues such as HIV/AIDS, China’s reproductive policy, women’s and children’s healthcare, and the reform of China’s healthcare system.
• Indigenous ethnic minority healing systems, including Bai traditional herbal medicine, Naxi Dongba shamanism, and Tibetan medicine.
• Traditional Chinese healing practices, including Qigong therapy, Five Animal Movements, medicinal food therapy, tea therapy, foot massage therapy, hot spring therapy, and music therapy.
• The pharmacopoeia of TCM herbal medicine and techniques of massage, acupuncture, moxibustion, and cupping.
• Daoist philosophy and TCM theory/diagnosis.
Money MattersBe sure to discuss how study abroad costs are handled at your school with your study abroad advisor.
SIT tuition and room and board fees include the following:
• All educational costs, including educational excursions
• All accommodations and meals for the full program duration
• Transportation to and from the airport, and on all educational excursions
• Health and accident insurance
Scholarships:• SIT awards nearly $1.6 million in scholarships and grants annually.
• All scholarships and grants are need-based.
• Awards generally range from $500 to $5,000.
• The SIT Pell Grant Match provides matching grants to all students receiving Federal Pell Grant funding when it is applied to an SIT Study Abroad semester program.
• Contact the financial aid and/or study abroad office(s) at your college or university to learn if your school’s scholarships and grants and federal and state aid programs can be applied to an SIT Study Abroad program.
|Program Contact Information|
SIT Study Abroad
NOTE: To be considered for this program, you will need to complete an application for both Education Abroad
1. Click "Apply Now" to start the Education Abroad application